Ace Doran has as rich family history spanning over a century of service excellence. Started at the turn of the century by John Doran with just a horse-drawn carriage, Ace Doran has since expanded gradually into a leader in the Midwest hauling and trucking industry.
- 1913 Turn of the century – John Doran hauled ice and coal locally in the Cincinnati, Ohio area in a horse-drawn carriage.
- 1917 – John Doran started deliveries in his first truck, a 1917 Schacht, and one of the first companies to use a motorized vehicle in the Cincinnati area. Early 1900s a second generation of Dorans that included Dan Doran’s eldest uncle on his father’s side and his grandfather, John Doran – Doran Transfer and Rigging
- 1941 – Mr. Robert J. Doran Sr. – founded Ace Doran Hauling and Rigging
- 2000 – Ace Doran awarded the American Trucking Association President’s Trophy for Safety
- 2001 – James Davis, driver for Ace Doran, won Contractor of the Year from the SCRA
- 2002 – Gordon Hacker at Ace Doran named Safety Professional of the Year by the American Trucking Association
- 2005 – Ace Doran awarded the American Trucking Association President’s Trophy for Safety